Saturday, March 13, 2010

From the womb

Shriveled and tiny, I lay in the dark region
It wasn’t long that I had been there
I knew my mother, I knew my father
I knew the fact that they didn’t bother
They didn’t want me,
So they planned to kill me.

I could feel my mother’s anxiety,
I hated myself,
Why, oh, why
Why am I a girl?
I am not wanted,
I am not loved,
Nobody is anxious to receive me,
Like God had promised me
“My child, I am sending you to earth,
To a place where you will live long,
To two beautiful parents who will hold you tightly,
You will bring them utmost joy, and love and happiness
You will be theirs.”

I had jumped with joy,
Anticipating about my life,
About my parents,
But here I am,
Not able to speak out,
That I love them both,
I wouldn’t bring them grief
I would always keep them happy

But I couldn’t speak
I just lay there,
Helpless,
I knew I am not going to be born.
My mother told me that night
“My love you are always,
I am sorry I am doing this to you
But my daughter, you will live always in my heart.”

And that was the last time I heard her voice,
I experienced a seething pain,
I wanted to hold on to my mother
But couldn’t,
The place where I was
Just turned more darker,
And I couldn’t see anything.
Again.

6 comments:

  1. oh my god christieeeeeeee!! this is heartbreaking!! oh god! this is like practical poetry! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool.... may need some help.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you soooooo much suna! thanks a lot!! i just wrote this impromtu...!! was asked to write a prayer for sunday...ended up writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go christie james, dont lose your talent. Its inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is social upliftment poetry.
    BuT as I go through it and imagine you saying this
    My child, I am sending you to earth,
    To a place where you will live long,
    To two beautiful parents who will hold you tightly,
    You will bring them utmost joy, and love and happiness
    You will be theirs.
    The forth line, very ironic isn't it

    ReplyDelete