Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Seeing the smile on her face,
Jumping with joy as we rode on
Looking at the trees running by
She clapped her hands
Widened her pupils in awe


I was too elated
Watching my child euphoric
I mouthed a prayer,
To keep my child always happy

And it was then that happened
A loud blast of black
Sent us all flying away

Refusing to let go off her
I tightly held my child

I fell harshly onto the ground
Bruises and blood marks all over my body
But my child was safe
Yes she was!
Safe in my arms

But then suddenly I couldn’t breathe
I couldn’t see
Dizzy blur
I could hear her screaming
Crying, shouting


She hit my face
Poked my eyes open
And the last glance I had
She was still crying.

And since long after
I didn’t open my eyes
She slept beside me
Tears still streaming from her eyes,
Hoping her mother would wake up soon
She yawned
And hugged her mother’s lifeless body.

1 comment:

  1. wow!!! very expressive... its very sad that people pass away from our lifes and we have no time to tell them how we felt about them....
    times pass and our priorities change but somewhere we should not forget the people who matter to us... we can't be nonchalant and say that the other person will understand... thats a disrespect to the feeling of expression and love..... say it ... express it .... because what you feel today for someone you never know whether you might get a chance tomorrow to say or feel the same.....

    ReplyDelete